Plant-Based Lunch Box Ideas Kids Love
Getting your kids to eat more veggies can be a lunchtime battle. However, with some creativity, you can make plant-based lunch boxes that are not only full of nutrients but also fun and exciting! So, whether you live by a vegan diet or are just looking to pack a healthier lunch, here are some great plant-based lunch box ideas for kids.
5 Delicious Plant-Based Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
Falafel balls are a lunchtime favourite for many children! Serve them with whole-grain pita bread and a dipping sauce for a delicious and filling lunch. You can easily make your own falafel at home using chickpeas, spices, and herbs of your choice.
2. Veggie Wrap
A wrap is a lunchtime classic, but you can make it even healthier and tastier by using plant-based ingredients. Try a tortilla filled with roasted vegetables, avocado, and hummus. You can add in some cooked grains like quinoa or brown rice too!
Who doesn't love pizza?! You can make your own vegan pizza at home using store-bought crust and plant-based toppings. Or, make mini pizzas using English muffins or pita bread as the crust. Top with tomato paste, vegetables, and vegan cheese for a delicious lunchtime treat.
4. Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is an excellent vegan dish that can be curated to your child's liking. Start with a base of cooked pasta, then add some chopped veggies, legumes, and a yummy dressing. For an extra protein boost, add some grilled tofu or tempeh. Serve with a fruit kebab on the side for a nice easy lunch!
5. Plant-Based Hot Dogs
Make lunchtime more fun by packing plant-based hot dogs instead. Many brands make vegan hot dogs that taste great, and they can be served with all the fixings like ketchup, mustard, and relish. An insulated lunch box is perfect for keeping hot dogs warm until lunchtime!
Top Tips for Making a Kid-Friendly Plant-Based Lunch Box
- Use different colours and shapes of fruits and vegetables to create patterns or pictures in the lunch box.
- Try grating or spiralizing vegetables to create new textures kids enjoy exploring!
- Get creative with dips and sauces - consider hummus, vegan tzatziki, or pesto as options.
- Use cookie cutters to create interesting shapes from sandwiches, fruits, and vegetables.
- Get your child involved in packing their lunch box by letting them choose what goes inside.
- Kids love sandwiches, but they can quickly get boring! Try packing their favourite fillings into bagels, plant-based croissants, or with crackers instead.
No matter which you choose to pack, these plant-based lunch box ideas will no doubt be a hit with your kids! If you love the sound of these ideas, be sure to check out our selection of fun, kid-friendly lunch boxes and accessories. These, paired with a delicious plant-based lunch, will make lunchtime the best part of their day!